Easy Spaghetti Squash
- Start with a fresh, ripe spaghetti squash. It should be bright yellow and firm. Cut lengthwise (carefully!) or have it sliced before you leave the grocery store.
- Scoop out the seeds and guts (like carving a pumpkin) leaving the fleshy part of the squash- this will be your spaghetti. I use a grapefruit spoon and it works quite nicely. *Tip* save your seeds and roast them!
- Put half of the squash face down in a microwave safe dish, pour in about half a cup of water. (I use a glass baking dish that is large enough to hold the squash, but has edges so the water doesn’t spill everywhere. Microwave for 10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave VERY CAREFULLY. it should be squishy. Use a fork to scrape out the insides, it should look stringy and spaghetti-like.
- Top with your favorite sauce or add to a baked dish. Yum.