I hope you are having a lovely week. Mine has been going surprisingly well, despite all the changes I have made. Fortunately, I had a chance to do a lot of meal prep the other day, so I have all of my food cooked for the rest of the week, which makes eating clean much easier.
Check out my super healthy grocery shopping!
In case you are wondering, I am still doing the 30 day yoga challenge, tomorrow is the last day! (I missed a few so its taking longer than 30 days) but I am still loving it!! Oh, and I have cursed 25 times so far during Lent, so thats $25 in the swear jar! Still haven’t decided where I’ll donate to yet. Enough about me, heres a long awaited recipe!
I made this recipe before I changed up my diet, but I will definitely make it again after I am done with the competition. It was inspired by Rachael Ray’s Polenta Pizza.
- 1 lb sausage (ground or links, chopped)
- 1 package pre cooked polenta
- pizza sauce (jar or make your own)
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2c chopped mushrooms
- handful of fresh basil
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Remove sausage, cook mushrooms in sausage drippings.
- While the sausage/mushrooms are cooking, take polenta (I used the whole package) Heat and mix with water as directed on package until the consistency of mashed potatoes. Let it cool until you can touch it.
- Place polenta in a greased, 9 inch cake pan, and press down until it looks like pizza crust.
- Bake polenta for 10 minutes on 425 degrees.
- Top polenta pizza crust with tomato sauce, sausage and mushrooms, and slices of fresh mozzarella. Bake on 425 for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with basil. Eat up, buttercup!