I saw Divergent this weekend and critics be darned, it was fantastic. If you have been living under a rock, (or aren’t a teenage girl) its similar to the Hunger Games but better. I typically prefer books over movies and was very nervous that they would ruin it on me, but they didn’t! Shailene Woodley is adorable and portrayed Tris better than I could have expected and Theo James is smoking hot! Okay, I’ll stop gushing now. Go see it!! You wont be disappointed! Promise.
I have continued to eat clean over the week, meal prep is getting a bit easier. I made the mistake of buying cheap protein at the grocery store and ohmygosh my stomach hurt! I purchased Dymatize Iso-100 because it is a Whey Protein Isolate, and has absolutely no lactose (unlike concentrate blends). I have major dairy issues, and NO ONE wants to be around me after consuming any. Hopefully this works out better…we’ll see how it goes!
Check out my squeaky clean marinara sauce! No added sugar/hidden bad stuff, just lots of veggies! It has been a perfect topper for my chicken and vegetables.
Ingredients: (makes about 1 quart of sauce)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28oz)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Add mushrooms, cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Let simmer for 3 hours for best flavor.
- Put it on everything and eat up!!!