Three weeks and going strong! woohoo! I have been on the hunt for some clean tasty recipes for when Mrs. Dash turns into Mrs. Dull. I found this recipe, and had to make them immediately. I can always count on Little B for some delicious looking food porn and solid recipes. I made a few changes because I’m lazy and don’t read directions, so feel free to refer to her original recipe if you prefer. If you’re like me and you LOVE all things buffalo, these babies will fulfill your hot wings craving, without all the unwanted calories. *Note, they are a bit high in sodium, but I am not on a sodium restricted diet right now so it works for me. If you are, perhaps you could swap out the hot sauce for a low sodium variety.
- 1lb lean Ground Turkey (I use 99% during competition prep, but 93% would probably taste better)
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 TBSP Onion Flakes
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 2 pieces of Ezekiel Bread, toasted and ground in food processor (Or, be lazy like me and put it in a plastic bag, then smash it with the Frank’s bottle)
- 1 Egg- to hold it all together!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mush together with hands
- Form into little balls on a baking sheet
- Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway. I like my meatballs a little burnt so I left them in until they got a little black