Competition diet can be boring and repetitive.
Lean meats and veggies all day every day! It doesn’t have to be boring though! As long as you stay within your macros, you can eat all kinds of things! For instance, this recipe for Paleo Chicken Enchiladas I found on PaleOMG (if you’ve followed me for a while, you know I’m obsessed with her recipes). I changed it up a bit to make it competition prep-friendly. Feel free to refer to the original recipe, or give mine a try!
- 1lb Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded (I recommend boiling it)
- 1 can enchilada sauce (14oz) I look for low sodium and less than 4g sugar
- 1 can diced green chiles (6oz)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten with fork
- hot sauce to taste (I use Frank’s)
- guacamole (store bought, or make your own)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease an 8×8 baking pan (I use Pam, or use your choice of oil/butter/lard)
- Mix all ingredients except the last two in the 8×8 pan (or a bowl… but who wants extra dishes?)
- Bake in oven for 45minutes-1 hour, until firm
- Scoop into bowls, top with hot sauce and guacamole
For me, this made three servings. You could stretch it to four, but I like to eat. Enjoy!