Howdy!! Happy Saturday, I hope you are all enjoying the weekend. It is finally BEAUTIFUL here in the East Coast… I hope all of my California friends are staying safe and away from the fires. Nothing terribly new and exciting to share this weekend. The boyfriend has been in bootcamp for two weeks, so I have been on autopilot: wake up, work, eat clean, hit the gym, more eating, write the BF letters, sleep, repeat! It’s been good though, I go to bed early so I get my 8 hours and have time for meal prep, which I would have otherwise been spending with him.
I don’t know how I came up with the idea to make these. Oh wait, yes I do. I was in the field at work, visiting a clients house in the pouring rain last week and I was STARVING. The client was standing with a nasty, greasy looking burrito in his hand for the entire 15 minute conversation we had, and I was dying for it. Since that would be really gross, (due to the ingredients and who was holding it), I refrained, and made these lettuce wraps when I got home! They are super easy – just the way I like my meals, and filled with delicious flavor.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb chicken, cooked, and chopped/shredded
- 1/2 onion, chopped (sweet or red)
- 1 pepper, chopped (I have made these with a red pepper and cubanelle, both good)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- any other veggies you’d like (I’ve added chopped celery and zucchini before)
- hot sauce to taste (I used Frank’s)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and kept whole (they are the wrap!)
- Chop and prep all veggies and chicken, combine in a large bowl
- Add hot sauce to taste
- Heat up filling in microwave for 45sec-1min (depending on your microwave)
- Lay lettuce leaves flat and spoon the filling into the center
- Roll lettuce up like a burrito
- Eat and enjoy!