Happy Thursday 🙂 I hope you’re having a restful week. I spend the early part of the week stressed to the max, lots of things going on this week. I am certainly looking forward to June being over for many reasons:
1. I want to eat/live like a normal person again. I love clean eating and plan to do it forever, but sometimes I just don’t feel like having lean protein and veggies a bajillion times per day.
2. I miss CrossFit/lifting heavy, which I can’t do if I want to have a dainty bikini body. (Not hating on the bikini folks, but these 15lb dumbbells are for the birds!)
3. The BF will be done with bootcamp! I am anxiously waiting for him to find out where he will be stationed, as I will have to coordinate some trips to go see him, and possibly rack up a ton of airline miles.
4. I have some exciting career plans for the future and I am anxious to have more time to dedicate to making them grow!
Anywho… My parents got Chinese food the other night, which I don’t even like, and NEVER eat, but I wanted it anyway (probably because I “cant” have it). I whipped up this stir fry in minutes, and it was the PERFECT substitute for mom’s garlic and broccoli chicken. (You could make this with chicken, but I had steak on hand)
Ginger-Garlic Steak and Veggie Stir-Fry
- 1 TBSP Garlic, minced
- 1 TSP Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 TBSP Ginger
- Coconut Aminos (to taste, add a little at a time, its salty)
- 1 lb lean meat or seafood of choice (I used steak)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into slices
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- EVOO to coat the skillet, about 1 TBSP
- Chop/clean/prep all veggies
- EVOO in skillet, saute peppers and onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, mushrooms and steak
- Once steak is partially cooked ALMOST to desired doneness, add snap peas and broccoli, add a splash coconut aminos, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Serve! Add additional coconut aminos if desired.
** Make sure if you’re using chicken that you add it a bit earlier so that it cooks thoroughly. I like my steak a little pink so I didn’t cook it all the way through.