Howdy everyone!! I hope you are having a swell week.
I am just a little over 1 week out from my first bikini show!! eek! The infamous “peak week” is upon us! I will be carefully tracking my progress and I will share any tips/tricks with all of you once I figure out what I am doing. I am still working with my nutritionist-long distance (good luck in Colorado, Brianna!!) and my amazing posing coach Renee, as well as utilizing good ol’ Google and Bodybuilding.com for advice.
I am feeling excited and energized, much more so than a week or two ago. I am ready! Workouts have been good, I have been doing a lot of yoga and light CrossFit workouts, as well as some heavy shoulder work (I love that sculpted shoulder look!)
The other day I had a really ripe banana, but I didn’t feel like just cutting it up and throwing it in my oatmeal, so I created this banana oatmeal pancake! I had some inspiration from Instagram, sorry if I’m ripping off someone’s recipe, but I have no idea where I saw it in order to give credit.
Banana Oatmeal Pancake
Serves 1, makes 1 pancake
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white
- coconut oil or pam to grease skillet
- any mix ins you’d like! I used blueberries, but other berries, nuts, or chocolate chips would be yummy too!
- Mash banana in a bowl, add egg white and vanilla, whisk them together
- Fold in oats and any mix ins (in this case, blueberries) sprinkle with cinnamon to taste
- Melt coconut oil in skillet medium heat, add pancake batter
- Allow it to set, flip (gently!)
- Eat up, buttercup!