I missed you! I know, I’m the one who hasn’t been around. The past few weeks have been quite busy. The BF’s ship pulled into port in San Diego last week, so that resulted in an impromptu trip out west 🙂
I love a good adventure, and I was excited to show him all of my old favorite spots from when I lived in Cali, so I packed up my bags, and off I went for a long weekend. For those of you who have never been to San Diego, it’s pretty much the mecca for all things CrossFit/food/fitness, so needless to say, I was SO EXCITED to go back (and the chance to see George was a major bonus!)
Heres some of the things we did:
1. Hit the Beach
You cant go to San Diego without experiencing one of the many beaches they have to offer. We went to Pacific Beach (thats where I lived back in the day) and La Jolla. So beautiful, relaxing, and free! – something those of us on the east coast can appreciate.
2. Got our WOD on
I dropped in for a class at Pacific Beach CrossFit while waiting for the BF to get off from work. I had an absolute blast! Everyone was really nice, and the coach gave me some excellent tips for improving my hang cleans, which I really needed help with!
We also worked out with some of my college friends Melissa and Kevin who are living out in SD. It was wonderful to catch up, and bang out some snatches and back squats 🙂
3. Ate SO MUCH FOOD
Obviously the focus of my trip, there was a ton of eating going on, mostly by me. Here are some of my favorite spots:
- Snooze – Located in Hillcrest. Very modern, encourages customization of your food, delish!
- Bessie’s Cafe – home of the world’s best breakfast burrito (and they give you lemon-poppyseed bread before your meal… it is HEAVENLY)
- Demi Cafe – Pretty much the equivalent of a European Cafe. Get the chocolate croissant; thank me later 😉
- Costa Brava– it was a bit too dark for pictures, (actually we just ate too fast and drank a little too much sangria to remember to take any!!) but this place has some seriously phenomenal food. A hidden gem of Pacific Beach; grab some friends, order some tapas, I promise you wont be disappointed.
4. Went to the CrossFit Games!
This was by far the highlight of my weekend, (besides George and stuffing my face). We drove up to Carson on Sunday morning in order to catch the last day of the Games. For my fellow fitness fanatics who have never has the opportunity to go to Regionals or the Games, its pretty much ComicCon for CrossFitters. I have never seen so many pairs of neon spandex shorts and nanos in one place!! It was awesome! We spent most of the afternoon in the soccer stadium and watched the team events and the Midline March (we were about 3 rows back from Rich Froning and Camille Leblanc-Blazinet when they won!) We didn’t have tickets to the finals, so we took a walk through the Vendor’s Village at the end of the day, which is a CFer’s dream. There were a ton of supplements, work out gear, equiptment, and anything else you could possibly want as a CrossFitter.
Hugs and Burpees,