Blahhh, I don’t feel well!!!
What a great welcome back home after a lovely trip to San Diego. I came home with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and my head feels stuffed up like I am underwater. To top it off, my shoulder has been hurting, so I went to the doctor who said it was just inflammation due to overuse. I haven’t been to the gym all week 😦
I’m actually thankful that they happened at the same time, or else I would have had to take MORE time off from the gym. After going to the CF Games last week, I am super pumped to lift heavy and am anxious to get back in there.
I am using this week to practice a little self love: yoga, stretching/foam rolling, reading, and catching up on some healthy cooking! I whipped up some semi-homemade chicken soup (no noodles) in order to help myself feel better.
Easy Chicken Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts/thighs (mine had been cooked and frozen)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 can water (I filled the empty broth can with water after adding the broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil and veggies, saute for approximately 5 minutes until onions become translucent.
- Add liquid, chicken, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Chicken should be falling off the bone.
- Remove chicken bones and bay leaf, eat and enjoy!