Oh my gosh, I can’t believe its finally here! I will be competing in very first powerlifting meet this weekend. After months of heavy lifting and intense training cycles, I will finally get to put all my hard work to the test on Sunday! I am a little nervous for weigh ins on Saturday night, (I am competing in the 123 weight class and will have to weigh in under that on Saturday). I am currently hovering around 125, but in the morning I was 122 today, and last night I was 128… so… I guess a lot of it has to do with when I eat/drink. I have read a lot about folks cutting weight by manipulating their water intake, but I am not going to go crazy with anything like that. Who wants extra stress when you’re trying to PR all of your lifts?? Not me. I have been cleaning up my diet though, bodybuilder style! Lots of lean meats and veggies, not a lot of junk! I have been using my fitness pal to start tracking what I have been eating. Not everything is in there or is accurate, but its better than nothing, and its nice that you can input your own custom recipes that you make all of the time!
I’ve been slacking again on posting in here. Life has been so hectic lately!
I am long overdue for some fantastic fall recipes, so I am going to give you three, yup you heard me, THREE right now. Drumroll please………………………………
1. Banana Blueberry Paleo Muffins (original found here)
- 3/4 cup ripe banana (about 1 and 1/2 ripe bananas)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup blueberries
** See original recipe, linked above, for baking instructions!!
2. Pumpkin Ice Cream – makes 4 servings
- 3-4 large bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
combine all ingredients in food processor until smooth. A healthy alternative to ice cream, and SO creamy and delicious. Try this with other flavors (maybe with berries instead of pumpkin?) and let me know how it comes out!!
3.Pumpkin Pancakes (makes 4-5 small pancakes) (adapted from the 21DSD Cookbook)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen) these are optional, feel free to try your own mix ins!
- whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Grease skillet (I use PAM spray). Pour batter into skillet into desired size pancakes.
- When they start to form bubbles around the edges, flip em over!
- Top with desired topping. (I used natural maple syrup. I’m sure peanut butter would be delicious too!)
- Stuff face immediately. I ate all 4 myself with a side of eggs, but I eat a lot so this might be enough for one person for breakfast by itself!
I hope you all enjoy these recipes! I have a few more I am excited to try out, but first I need to focus on lifting heavy weights this weekend!! Wish me luck!! ❤ Nic