Hey there! How are you doing on this fine Saturday? I hope the weekend is treating you well. I am really excited. I lifted lower body today for the first time since I hurt my back, and it didn’t hurt! 😀 I didn’t go super heavy, and I am still hesitant to deadlift, but I’ll call this success in my book. I am looking forward to a yoga/recovery day tomorrow.
- Barbell Good mornings
- front squats
- bench press
- DB row and hammer curls with fat grips
All that lifting really works up an appetite. I would love to have some jambalaya right now, but sadly, we don’t have all of the ingredients right now, and I am far too lazy to go to the store. So I am having a Chocolate Mug Cake instead… chocolate-y heaven.
I have been receiving a ton of requests for this recipe since I posted the pictures a few weeks ago, sorry I move like a snail! But here it is!
New Orleans Style Jambalaya
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 rib celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breast, cubed (or 1 cup raw, peeled shrimp)
- 1 cup cubed andouille sausage
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp each: onion powder, red pepper, chili powder
- 1 red pepper, chopped (or any color, I like red)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup rice (uncooked, not the instant kind)
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add celery, onion, shrimp/chicken and sausage; cook and stir 7 minutes or until meat is lightly browned.
- Stir in water and tomatoes. Bring to boil. Add rice, mix well. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. EAT!!