Hi there! It’s starting to feel like summer here at the Jersey Shore (what happened to spring?!) I hope wherever you live, you are enjoying the beautiful weather.
Its 2:00 on Sunday and I am ready for a nap. After a long weekend in Charleston, SC filled with SO MUCH FOOD (specifically, beer and BBQ) I have been devoting my weekend to getting back on track with meal prep and workouts. I will be compiling a list of my food highlights from Charleston shortly, for all of my fellow traveling foodies.
Yesterday I worked on Olympic lifts, and PRed my snatch! I hit 46kg (101.2 pounds) for two singles! I was beyond thrilled! I have been hovering around 85lbs on my snatch for a long time, so this was a big jump! This morning I went to CrossFit and did an awesome Sunday morning WOD, and then stuck around to work on some Strongman training. Atlas Stones are my arch nemesis. (along with back squats, and anything I’m not good at). Then I came home and dug holes in the garden and planted flowers. I think its time to relax in the hot tub (which is actually cooler than the air temperature right now). Before I go, I will leave you with a delicious breakfast recipe that I made this morning.
I was in the mood for oatmeal, (weird, I know, its super hot out) but it never keeps me full for very long. In order to keep me fueled for back-to-back workouts, I added egg whites to my oats. I topped mine with Wow Butter (since I cannot have nut butter) and blueberries, but feel free to use the topping of your choice!
Protein Egg White Oatmeal
- 1/2 c oats (long cook, not instant)
- 1 c. water
- 1/4-1/3 c. liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1/2 c. fruit/mix-ins
- prepare oatmeal as directed (I used 1/2c. quaker oats, not the instant kind)
- While oatmeal is cooking, pour in egg whites, while stirring.
- Top with 1 Tbsp. nut butter of your choice (sometimes I leave this out, but it helps to mask the egg white flavor, and the added fat with keep you full longer)
- Add mix-ins of your choice! (I used blueberries)