Happy Fourth of July Weekend everyone!! I hope you are going to get out and enjoy the (hopefully) lovely weather. After a busy workweek, I am embracing this three day weekend with open arms. I had planned to sleep in today, but wound up waking around 8am anyway. I usually have an egg white omelete for breakfast, but decided to give myself a treat today.
I made this super simple patriotic breakfast parfait in about 8 minutes. The longest part is waiting for the oats to cook. If you prefer overnight oats, you could totally make those instead, which eliminates the cooking part!
You will need:
- 1/c cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 c. blueberries
- 1/4 c. strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 yogurt (I use greek, nonfat plain) I like greek because it has a lot of protein and not much sugar
- 4 chocolate chips (optional: I put them in the bottom of my bowl before pouring the oats in, and it gave it a chocolate-y surprise at the end!)
- Prepare oats as directed. (I combine 1 cup water and 1/2 c. Quaker oats in pot, bring to boil, stir for about 2-3 minutes until cooked)
- If using chocolate chips, place in bottom of bowl with a few blueberries and a few pieces of strawberry.
- Top fruit with half of yogurt
- Pour oats in bowl over yogurt
- Top oats with yogurt, then top yogurt with remaining fruit!
Super easy, very delicious. Have a safe and happy Fourth of July everyone!
Are you a food blogger?? Do you enjoy reading recipes and checking out food blogs? If so, check this out!! 🙂